Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Disable beeping for remote desktop

I have the following environment:
VMware Windows 2008 labs on vSphere. I'm connecting to them using Remote desktop.


One day beeping coming from my remote machines became very annoying. I've tried multiple solutions and only the last one helped. But I'll post all of them as it seems they did help some people.

1. Disable sounds for the Remote Desktop connection:

Remote Sound - Do not play

More details here

2. Device Manager - View - Show hidden Devices - Non-Plug and Play Drivers - Beep – Disable. 
I haven't found this option on my lab.

More details here

3. The final solution that helped me. Change registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound]
"Beep"="no"
"ExtendedSounds"="no"

Did it on the lab and restarted after the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment