Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Upload google app via proxy

I receive the following error when try to upload application to google app engine:
urllib2.URLError: urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')

Proxy server prevents me from uploading the application. To workaround this I've used the following solution:

set HTTP_PROXY=http://cache.mycompany.com:3128
set HTTPS_PROXY=http://cache.mycompany.com:3128
appcfg.py update myapp

from here

But now I get another issue.
Documentation says:
You cannot specify the password as a command line option.

But it my case I need to specify the password to run the application update from batch file without input it in command line. When I use the "passin" option I get the following error:
EOFError: EOF when reading a line

There is article which describes how to modify appcfg.py file to add the password option

Update:
another solution is:
invoke the python executable followed by the script name

python "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\appcfg.py" --passin --email=[email] update [app_folder]

OR

echo [password] | python "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\appcfg.py" --passin --email=[email] update [app_folder]



No comments:

Post a Comment